Château Haut Selve Graves Blanc
Guava mingled with fresh ginger, fresh snipped herbs and tangerine rind. Complex and ripe with subtle fruit and hints of vanilla and almond in the elegant finish.
Was the biggest property in Bordeaux in the 19th century, with 860 acres. After being destroyed and abandoned, it became the only “new” vineyard of the 20th Century (1993) in the Bordeaux region. 28 of the estate’s 68 hectares are dedicated to white wine, in one of the oldest AOCs of Bordeaux.
Production: 65,000 bottles / year.
Soil: Clay-gravel soils permitting the planting of various grapes. Gravelly soil between the Garonne River and the Lande Forest.
Grape Varietals: Sémillon: 50%, Sauvignon Blanc: 35%, Sauvignon Gris: 15%. (heirloom varietal introduced for its interesting aromatic qualities when vinified in wood).
Vinification: The fruit is hand picked separately by plot and by varietal. Skin content maceration in pneumatic tanks about 18 hours, which produces about 80% of gravity-fed free-run juice. The remaining 20% are obtained by pneumatic pressing.
Fermentation: 2 weeks in barrels.
Ageing: 9 months in oak barrels with 30% of new oak.