Snowden Sauvignon Blanc Sunninghill Napa Valley
From a single acre block of Sauvignon Blanc in the midst of our idyllic eastern-most “Lost Orchard” vineyard area. Crushed by foot before pressing, barrel fermented with wild native yeasts in stainless steel and used oak barrels, no malolactic fermentation, aged sur lies. Closed with Saranex-lined screw caps.
Natural, wild yeast fermentation; fermented dry, no sugar added; aged 8 months sur lies in used French oak and stainless steel barrels; bottled on April 16, 2018
- Closure: Saranex-lined screw caps
- Harvest Date: August 30, 2017
A classic Sauvignon Blanc made exactly the way our family prefers — dry, with pure, bright fruit, subtle floral aromatics, and a hint of wet stone minerality — consistent with previous vintages, the ’17 shows off aromas of citrus, sesame and elderflowers. On the palate, it is crisp with a light phenolic backbone added to the minerality. It is long and nuanced with flavors ranging from white peach to bitter almond.
- Made from Sauvignon grapes.
- Vine age – planted 2000.
- Grown on soils of Perlite (volcanic), sand.
- Fermented in Barrel, using naturally occurring yeast.
- Aged in old oak Barrels and stainless steel tank.
- Aged for 8 months.
- Bottled with light filtration.
- 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- 13.8% alcohol
- Sugar at harvest: 22.9° Brix
- Acid at harvest: 3.34 pH
- 117 cases made