Les Héritiers du Comte Lafon Mâcon-Milly-Lamartine Clos du Four
Sourced from a single vineyard in the commune of Milly-Lamartine, the soil here has a higher clay content than most of the other parcels in the commune.
Size: 1.4 ha (3.46 ac)
Vine Age: Planted from 1982 to 1985
Terroir: Mid-slope, facing east, 250-meters altitude. Deep soil has higher clay content mixed with limestone and many small limestone rocks from bedrock.
Viticulture: Certified organic with biodynamic methods
Vinification: Indigenous yeast fermentation in 500-700L demi-muids. Aged for 9 to 10 months on fine lees, racked pre-bottling.
- Product Name: Mâcon-Milly-Lamartine Clos du Four
- Producer: Les Héritiers du Comte Lafon
- Importer: Becky Wasserman Selections
- Country Region Appellation:
- Varietal: Chardonnay
- Agricultural Standards: Biodynamic , Organic
- ALC %: 13